Electric Charging cables and the BMW i3
The BMW i3 is an innovative and stylish electric car that is fantastic to drive – it’s a strong performing car which provides both a fun and relaxing driving experience. But it shouldn’t be underestimated – the BMW i3 is also very nippy, and will get you from A to B quickly, easily, and in comfort. The BMW i3 has a contemporary look and premium feel and is a great economical choice of electric car. It is extremely energy efficient and cheap to run vehicle. Here, we will run through the BMW i3 specifications and the BMW i3 charging cable stipulations too, so you can make sure you’re making the best decision for you and your car.
Here are some of the BMW i3’s impressive specifications:
- Fully electronic engine, with the capability to be charged with a BMW i3 cable
• 33 kWH battery
• 128.4 mpg
• Up to 93 mph
• Approx. 3 hours recharge time with a standard 3 pin plug, reduced to 1.5 hours using a dedicated home charging point
• Battery range after being charged with a BMW i3 cable of up to 105 miles
The BMW i3’s battery has a type 2 charging socket on the right-hand side at the back of the car that requires a type 2 BMW i3 electric car charging cable – if you’re looking to purchase a BMW i3 cable, the portable type 2 charger is the best option for you. This is a 16amp single phase 240v type 2 to type 2 EV charging cable. This can be used at dedicated charging points across UK and Europe, so there’s no worries about where you can use your new BMW i3 charging cable, and you can charge your car up on the go!
You can purchase a selection of conversion cables for the BMW i3, here. All of these BMW i3 charging cables are 62196-2 male to female plug type 2, weatherproof and CE & TU approved. They are:
- Three phase 32A type 2 to type 2 – Rated voltage 240v, rated current 32A, charges at up to 22kw per hour
- Three phase 16A type 2 to type 2 – Rated voltage 240v, rated current 16A, charges at up to 11kw per hour
- Single phase 32A type 2 to type 2 – Rated voltage 240v, rated current 16A, charges at up to 11kw per hour
- Single phase 16A type 2 to type 2 – Rated voltage 240v, rated current 32A, charges at up to 22kw per hour
So, what are you waiting for? If you’re looking to invest in the BMW i3 and were wondering about your BMW i3 charging cable needs, or have any questions about BMW i3 cables, contact us today, and a friendly member of our customer care team will be in touch as soon as possible!